|"None But the Lonely Heart"|
|Air date||June 27th, 1992|
|Producers||A.L. Katz; Jennie Lew Tugend; Richard Donner; David Giler; Walter Hill; Joel Silver; Robert Zemeckis; Gilbert Adler; Marcus Keys|
"This'll Kill Ya"
"None But the Lonely Heart" is the first episode of season four of the horror anthology series Tales from the Crypt and the thirty-ninth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Tom Hanks and written by Donald Longtooth. It first aired on HBO on June 27th, 1992. In this episode, actor Treat Williams plays Howard Prince, a con man who seduces wealthy widows through a dating service, conives them out of their fortunes and then murders them. As with most such individuals, Howard Prince receives his just deserts as he winds up on the date of a lifetime.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Hosted by[edit | edit source]
|John Kassir||The Crypt Keeper|
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Treat Williams||Howard Prince|
|Frances Sternhagen||Effie Gluckman|
|Sugar Ray Leonard||Gravedigger|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
Featuring[edit | edit source]
|Gracia Lee||Mrs. Huntington|
|Don Perry||Mister Huntington|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This story is adapted from issue #33 of the Tales from the Crypt comic book magazine, published with a December, 1952-January, 1953 cover date.
- This episode is included on disc one of the Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Fourth Season DVD collection.
- Welcome to the director's chair Tom Hanks! Hope you survive the experience. In addition to starring in this episode, Tom Hanks makes his directorial debut.
- This is the first episode of Tales from the Crypt written by Donald Longtooth, which may be a pseudonym used by another writer. He writes two episodes of the series in total. His next episode is 4x05, "Beauty Rest".
- This is the first episode of the series with A.L. Katz as co-producer. Previously, he worked as a story editor on season three.
- Actor Craig Shoemaker is uncredited for his participation in this episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Crypt Keeper: Damn you Morciel, I told you they wanted violence, not violins. [hits skeleton] Good help is so hard to fiend, isn't it, kiddies? Want a little more cham-pain? [laughs] I hope you're hungry for tonight's murderous menu. It concerns a man who's discovered that the fastest way to a woman's heart is with a pick axe. I call this tasty little horder, "None but the Lonely Heart."
- Crypt Keeper: Now that's what I call a happy ending. I had a feeling Ephie would win Howard's heart. Not to mention his spleen, his kidneys, and his gall bladder!
- Crypt Keeper: Mmm...I love a ghoul who gives you head... and then lets you keep it!
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]