|Series:||Too Close for Comfort|
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Relatives:||Henry Rush |
Muriel Rush 
Jackie Rush 
Andrew Rush 
|Final:||"Freddie Loves It, We Love It, You're Cancelled"|
Sara Rush is a fictional college student featured on the sitcom series Too Close for Comfort, which aired on ABC from 1980-1986. Played by actress Lydia Cornell, she was introduced in the pilot episode of the show and made 106 appearances on the series in total.
Sara Rush is the younger sister of Jackie Rush and the daughter of Henry and Muriel Rush. She was born sometime in the year 1962. She lives with her sister Jackie in the lower level duplex of her parents' home in San Francisco, California, which had once been rented by a late transvestite named Myron Rafkin. Sara attends college at San Francisco State University. She is close friends with an effeminate man named Monroe Ficus, whose continued presence always seemed to irritate her father.
Notes & Trivia
- The character of Sara Rush was created by Brian Cooke and Earl Barret as well as Arne Sultan and director Will Mackenzie.
- Sara Rush is not to be confused with actress Sarah Rush, who had a recurring role on the original Battlestar Galactica as Flight Corporal Rigel.
- Although actress Lydia Cornell was born in 1953, her character on Too Close for Comfort is only supposed to be eighteen. Actress Lydia Cornell was twenty-six when she began playing the role of Sara.
- Actress Lydia Cornell appeared in 106 of the 129 broadcast episodes of the series. She makes the least amount of appearances on the show out of any of the main cast.
- Sara Rush briefly worked as a waitress to earn some extra money, but this came to an end after Henry balked at the notion of her wearing a skimpy outfit.
- Lydia Cornell is also known for playing an antagonist named Sabrina Travis on the "Speed Demons" episode of the action series Knight Rider.
- It is established in the pilot episode that Sara Rush is 18-years-old at the beginning of the series.