|Air date||November 20th, 2019|
|Writers||Guy Busick; R. Christopher Murphy|
|Producers||J.J. Abrams; Deborah Hayn Cass; Stephen King; Dustin Thomason; Ben Stephenson; Sam Shaw; Vince Calandra; Liz Glotzer; Greg Yaitanes; Rachel Rusch Rich; K'naan Warsame; Scott Brown; Daria Polatin; Andrew Balek; Trevor Baker|
|Starring||Lizzy Caplan; Paul Sparks; Barkhad Abdi; Yusra Warsama; Elsie Fisher; Matthew Alan; Tim Robbins|
"The Word" is the seventh episode of season two of the drama series Castle Rock and the seventeenth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Loni Peristere with a script written by Guy Busick and R. Christopher Murphy. It premiered on Hulu's instant streaming service on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019.
Note: Listings marked with a (†) symbol indicate cast members who are credited in this episode, but their character does not make an appearance.
|Lizzy Caplan||Annie Wilkes|
|Paul Sparks||Ace Merrill|
|Barkhad Abdi||Abdi Howlwadaag|
|Yusra Warsama||Nadia Howlwadaag †|
|Elsie Fisher||Joy Wilkes|
|Matthew Alan||Chris Merrill †|
|Tim Robbins||Pop Merrill|
|Bill Skarsgard||The Kid|
|Aaron Staton||Reverend Appleton|
|Alison Wright||Valerie Blount|
|David Alpay||Pastor Augustin|
|Mathilde Dehaye||Amity Lambert|
|Thomas Belgrey||Marius Lambert|
|John Henry Diehl||John|
|James Harvey Ward||Guard Jimmy|
|Joy Lang||Councilwoman Pinto|
|Patrick Vincent Curran||Bartender|
|Matthew D. Matteo||Patrice|
|Jimi Stanton||Deputy Benker|
|Tom Kemp||Older deputy|
|Bill Mootos||Parade MC|
Notes & Trivia
- Castle Rock was created by Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason based on characters and concepts developed by author Stephen King. The character of Annie Wilkes was the central antagonist from the novel Misery, which was published by Viking Press in June, 1987. It was adapted into a feature film in 1990 by director Rob Reiner with Kathy Bates playing the role of Annie.
- This series is rated TV-MA. It contains scenes of graphic ooginess, intense cockadoodiness and dirty birdy language. Viewer discretion is advised.
- This episode is production code number T50.10207.
- Co-executive producer Rachel Rusch is credited as Rachel Rusch Rich in this episode.
- Actor Thomas K. Belgrey is credited as Thomas Belgrey in this episode.
- Actor John Diehl is credited as John Henry Diehl in this episode.
- Actress Andrea Athanassiou is credited as Andrea Anthanassiou in this episode.
- This is the only episode of Castle Rock directed by Loni Peristere. Loni is also known for directing episodes of American Horror Story.
- This is the second episode of Castle Rock written or co-written by Guy Busick. He writes two episodes of the series in total. He previously wrote "Restore Hope", also from season two. Guy Busick is also a story editor on the series.
- This is the second episode of Castle Rock written or co-written by R. Christopher Murphy. He writes two episodes of the series in total. He previously wrote "Restore Hope", also from season two. Guy Busick is also a story editor on the series.
- The classic car that is seen during the parade is a 1958 Plymouth Fury. This is the same car used by Arnie Cunningham and the novel and film adaptation of Stephen King's Christine.
- Shawshank State Prison is the same prison seen in the story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and in the feature film The Shawshank Redemption by director Frank Darabont. Actor Tim Robbins played the main character Andy Dufresne in that film. Robbins plays Pop Merrill on Castle Rock.
- The robed figure that approaches Amity Lambert at the cliff overlooking Castle Lake is Henry Matthew Deaver, also known as "The Kid". The Kid was a key figure in season one of the series. Other than setting, this is the first direct connection between the two seasons.
This article pertains to episodes from season two of the Hulu original series Castle Rock.